“… Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite: the Philistines were gathered into a troop, and there was there a plot of ground full of lentils, and the people had fled before the Philistines; and he stood in the midst of the plot and delivered it, and smote the Philistines, and Jehovah wrought a great deliverance” (2 Samuel 23:11-12).
- Shammah looked upon the field of lentils as part of his God-given inheritance.
- If we look at what God has entrusted to us as merely a field of lentils, we will hardly consider it worth defending.
- However, what God has entrusted to us is a wonderful inheritance of truth. A marvellous blessing to the soul.
- The enemy little-by-little seeks to attack it and rob the truth from us.
- Ezekiel 48:35 “Jehovah is there” (Jehovah-Shamah יְהוָה שָֽׁמָּה)
- When the truth was attacked, Shammah was there!